Ligier JS49 for Sale – Fastest lap car at Le Castellet
For Sale: Ligier JS49 #038 (2008)
Ready to race Ligier JS 49. The car is fully prepped.
The engine has done 2hrs maximum since a full rebuild at AER.
Since a full winter rebuild only 1 race weekend and 1 test day have been contested.
Developments to Date:
- Air jacks – AP LMP to accept Staubli probe
- Wiring Loom & Fuse box – Design and built by Cyprium to LMP spec to enable maximum redundancy and significant weight reduction
- Dashboard – Weight reduced and simplified
- Steering – Motec steering wheel and data logger as per single seater
- Steering rack ends – redesigned and a different material used for strength and safety
- Waterpump – Mounted on quick release for emergency changes
- Life Racing/AER Paddle shift system
- Gear change actuator compressor – Mounted on quick release for emergency changes. Tolerances improved to enhance efficiency.
- Airbox – Redesigned for maximum efficiency and serviceability.
- Gearbox oil cooler – Larger capacity to aid Gearbox cooling.
- Catchtank – redesigned and repositioned
- Fire Extinguisher – moved for weight distribution
- Splitter – extensive modifications to strengthen so as that is doesn’t flex under load
- Bodywork latches – all bodywork fitted with Protex latches to increase bodywork integrity and strength
- Fuel tank – made legal
- Fuel tank breathing system – modified to improve fill speed
- Fuel tank bulk head – covered with reflective gold to help keep fuel cool
- Throttle body rotated through 90 degrees to improve cable travel feel
- Koni 3-way dampers
Spares and Support Package
The spares and support package included with this car is too extensive to list, but here is a run-down of the essentials.
- Laptop with complete Motec and Life Racing software installed and all necessary download leads.
- High and low stands
- Drop-height bar and drop height vs ride-height chart
- Camber gauge bar
- Assorted camber shims
- Quick jack
- 4 sets of wheels
- 2 sets of brand new Cooper slick tyres
- 2 sets of Cooper wet tyres
- Assorted good quality used tyres
- Extensive gear ratios
- Assorted gearbox internal spares and all necessary tooling
- Complete spare bodywork including diffuser and splitter
- Complete spare suspension
- Dampers – DSSV
- Complete set of radiators and coolers (engine and gear oil)
- Water pump
- Oil pump
- Gearbox oil pump
- Paddleshift compressor
- Cables – throttle and bias
- Belts – oil pump and alternator
- Light looms
- Lambda sensors
- Oil temp sensors
- Wheel speed sensors
- Brake discs, pads and bells
- Starter motor
- Assorted springs and anti roll bars
- Drive shafts
- Wheel bearings
For more information or to arrange a viewing please call Tom: +44 (0)7932014261